Day 11 Prompt
For The Spoopy Season Challenge: "Brainstorm 12 ideas and develop one."
This one isn't meant to be a writing focused one, more so focused on getting my mind out of a rut and trying to come up with new ideas. That said, let's see what I can come up with :P
- An idea that's always fascinated me is a computer coming alive, but not just "AI" and it talking, more like Monster House. It'd be crazy if it just opened up and ate you.
- I've been thinking a lot back on middle school and getting to think of more ideas regarding books there. Maybe a book idea about a clarinet player and those who make fun of him/her. Vague, but it could center around various challenges they face while confronting middle school and it's awkwardness.
- A short story about a person who's life is tied to a particular bible and they live in a world where bible's aren't allowed. That could result in the bible burning and them dying, or a friend rising to the occasion and saving them.
- There's never enough bar books. Haha, this one would be a story told solely through the bar and it's companions. Not necessarily the bartender, but we would pop in and out of characters and their lives in a town.
- I think the life of a pro gamer wold also be fun to explore as often gamers live pretty rough lives despite the coveted "play games all day". It's exhausting, lonely (no in-person interaction), and they get cut ruthlessly. Could be relatable to those suffering with depression.
- I want to write something about pandas. Haha, I don't really know what, maybe a Dumbo idea of a flying one, but they just seem so fluffy and funny. Perhaps one of them is a "chosen" and leads a tribe despite doing nothing.
- I could see a kids book where the main character is the youngest person on mars while simultaneously being the first person on mars...
- One of my favorite books is "The Phantom Tollbooth" and I would love to pay homage to it by doing a similar word-play style book. There are a lot of English phrases that make no sense and would be fun to make fun of in the story.
Well maybe not... haha 12 ideas in 30 minutes was harder than I thought. It seemed easy, but as I started thinking about all the different places and areas around me it was easy to come up with scenes "Airport chase" or "funny library scene". Original and good stories on the other hand (such as the above), not so much.
I appreciate you checking this out though, and hopefully you can help develop the ideas! As always though,
Thanks for Reading!